Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Deep Plunge (SoulShares #3) by Rory Ni Coileain Author Interview


SYNOPSIS:
For the last six hundred years or so, the only things reminding Lochlann Doran he’s a Fae have been his faceted aquamarine eyes and the fact that he can’t die. He’s been a wanderer for so long in the human world – over two thousand years – that he’s lost his magick, including the gift of healing that goes along with being a Fae of the Demesne of Water. Finding his SoulShare might get it back for him. But it might kill him, too.

Garrett Templar has been living on borrowed time, in a sense, since he was eighteen, when one of the johns he entertained to pay the bills while he danced at Purgatory infected him with HIV. It was always supposed to be a “manageable” disease, though, at least until a cure was found. Except he’s just found out that the virus in his system has inexplicably mutated into full-blown AIDS, and no known drug cocktail can even slow it down.

And when Lochlann and Garrett find each other at last, on Purgatory’s dance floor, the only thing as urgent as their need for one another is the hunger of an ancient evil to do whatever is necessary to possess Lochlann’s magick…


INTERVIEW:
1. If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future?
I’d hunt down the Tenth Doctor and make him realize I’m a perfect Companion.

2. Night owl, or early bird?
Night owl. Definitely. Getting up at 6:30 in the morning for the last 30 years hasn’t change my metabolism one bit.

3. One food you would never eat?
I’d say “broccoli”, but that isn’t a food. So I’ll go with deep-fried crickets.

4. Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
Right now I’m working on the second novella in the Tales of the Grove series. I have two more Fae series sketched out in my head, and once I’ve finished those I’m seriously thinking about Fae steampunk.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
It would either be a little cottage in the Glens of Antrim in the North of Ireland (one that had Internet access, of course!) or a studio apartment on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, near enough to Lincoln Center to walk. (Not that I’m picky!)

6. If a movie was made about your life, who would you want to play the lead role and why?
Emma Thompson. I adore her, I would love for people to think I was that beautiful, and she really needs to be a ginger.

7. How did you come up with the title of your book?
The SoulShares books each have a theme relating to one of the four elements. Deep Plunge started out in my head as Still Waters, until my editor convinced me that would do really well at putting people to sleep.

8. What's your favorite season/weather?
It used to be fall, until I finally noticed that Minnesota falls kept on being followed by Minnesota winters. So now it’s spring.

9. How did you celebrate the sale of your first book?
I got my first contract on my fiftieth birthday. Unfortunately, it was also the day of the visitation before my father’s funeral. So the celebrating had to wait a little. But it definitely involved champagne. I think I remember most of it.

10. What are your current literary works? Any sneak peeks?
My most recent release is Deep Plunge, the third in the SoulShares series. And here’s a taste:

Lochlann kissed a hot trail back to Garrett’s ear, his unshaven cheek rasping roughly against Garrett’s softer blond stubble. His tongue probed, tested, tasted, played until Garrett’s cock ached and wept. Johns never kissed, never teased, never played, and he was starved for what Lochlann was so determined to give him.

“You’re ready, aren’t you?” Lochlann’s whisper went straight into the depths of his ear. “I can tell. My senses are keener than yours.” The Fae inhaled through his nose, long and slow, and let the breath out again on a shuddering sigh. “Damn. You smell incredible. I suppose I’ll have to settle for filling myself with you that way first. Just your scent.” His tongue teased Garrett’s earlobe into his mouth; his teeth toyed briefly with the stud there before he suckled.

“First?”

Lochlann pulled back, at this, just enough to look Garrett in the eyes. And his smile, Garrett had never seen a curve of lips so full of wicked promises in his life. “I can think of so many ways I want to be full of you, grafain. After the first time.”




AUTHOR BIO:
Rory Ni Coileain majored in creative writing, back when Respectable Colleges didn't offer such a major, so she designed it herself - being careful to ensure that she never had to take a class before nine in the morning or take a Hemingway survey course. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa at the age of nineteen, sent off her first short story to an anthology being assembled by an author she idolized, got shot down in flames, and found other things to do, such as nightclub singing, for the next thirty years or so, until her stories started whispering to her. Now she's a lawyer, a legal editor, an Irish dance teacher, the mother of a teenaged son, and amanuensis to a host of fantastic creatures who are all anxious to tell their stories.





Check out her Facebook page and buy her books at Amazon :)








No comments:

Post a Comment