Monday, January 13, 2014

Dreamlike State (The Magic of the Black Forest #1) by Macy Farmer Interview



SYNOPSIS:
Natalia spends her days in her dreamlike world fantasizing about love to escape from reality. 

Bradley has it all except for the one thing he wants most, a soul mate to spend eternity with.


After tragically losing her parents, Natalia takes a vacation that leads her on a journey, which brings them together. 

Together they face the challenges of a jealous ex-lover, an estranged father and a sadistic friend. They all have one thing in common, to keep Bradley and Natalia apart. And they’ll do anything to end their relationship, even murder.

Will Bradley and Natalia’s love be enough to defeat all who wish to destroy it?



INTERVIEW:

If you were a superhero what would your name be?

Maylissa
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Fruit… lots of fruit. Melons, grapes and bananas are my faorites.

Night owl, or early bird? 

Night owl. I stay up late most nights reading or writing. That, of course, makes it hard to wake up bright and early for work.
One food you would never eat?
I will never ate anything slimy. It’s gross and makes me sick to my stomach.
Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
It’s a romance series with some pretty hot sex in it. 
What inspired you to want to become a writer? 

My inspiration started when I was in the third grade. I had an assignment to write a short story. I had to create a character list and plot. Throughout my school years, that was the only assignment I truly enjoyed. *laughing* It took me away from my reality at the time and allowed me to create a world of fantasy, one that had a happy ending after. It thrilled me to no end when my teacher pulled me aside after class to tell me she loved my story and that I would make a good author if I choose to do so. For decades her words have been in the back of my mind. Although I dabbled in poetry over the years, it wasn’t until I watched my sister battling cancer and fulfilling her lifelong dreams that I truly became inspired to fulfill my dream of becoming a writer. Seeing her achieve every goal she had while fighting cancer, raising a family and working full time… My sister is my truest inspiration. She is why I started writing. She taught me that anything is possible if you want it bad enough, that any goal can be met, if you just reach for it. More importantly, that your life could end in the blink of an eye so live it to the fullest.

In 2010, the last year of her life, I picked up a pen, yes I said, ‘pen’, and starting writing Natalia’s story. I haven’t stopped since.

Love you, Lynn XOXOX
What was your favorite book when you were a child/teen?

As a child my favorite book was Lassie Come Home. I must have read it a thousand times.
When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"? 

Many, many things but none kept my interest except for becoming an author.
How do you react to a bad review? 

I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that it hurt or angered me. *laughing* After the initial emotions subside I take that constructive criticism and use it as a tool to better my skill. I take what the reviewer says, good or bad and learn from it.
You have won one million dollars what is the first thing that you would buy?

Buy several mountains of rural land!!

What do you do in your free time?

Free time? What’s that? If I have the luxury of free time, I like to relax and get lost in a good book.

How did you come up with the title of your book?
We vacation at a place called Black Forest. It’s a magical place. My muse and creativity flourish there. Rural land as far as the eye can see. The wildlife and scenery takes my breath away. I wrote most of Natalia’s story there. When I’m ‘stuck’ we pack up the truck and head north to find my muse in the “The Magic of Black Forest.”
What's your favorite season/weather? 

Fall is my favorite season. In October, up at Black Forest, the leaves on the trees are a vibrant red, orange, yellow and green. When the wind blows it creates a wave of flames along the mountain side. It’s exquisite.
What is your favorite scene in the book and why do you love it?

My favorite scene is when Natalia sees Bradley for the first time. I’m a hopeless romantic that believes we all have a soulmate and that fate will guide us to our destiny. For Natalia, fate took her to Black Forest to find her destined soulmate, Bradley.



AUTHOR BIO:
Born and raised in southeastern Pennsylvania. The youngest of three, Macy started telling stories at an early age. As a young adult she began writing poems and short stories. 

Today, Macy, a romantic with a creative imagination spends most of her free time writing. If she’s not writing or reading, she enjoys riding ATV’s with her husband on the trails of upper Pennsylvania’s State Forests.

Her love for writing romance, reading and life, led her to fulfill her childhood dreams of becoming a Paranormal Romance Writer.

Check out Macy on Facebook and buy her books on Amazon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment