Join our mailing list for great book news and a chance to win one of four Amazon GC - http://eepurl.com/ZnJir
Title: Franco’s Fortune
Series: Redemption #2
Author: Cara Marsi
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Cara Marsi
Cover by: Harris Channing
Editor: Laura Kelly
Date Published: Feb. 2013
"When a female bodyguard is hired to protect a rich playboy, she finds saving his life is easier than protecting her heart."
When the past and present collide...
Somebody wants rich playboy Franco Callahan dead. When security expert Josephine Fortune arrives on his doorstep thanks to his sister Doriana, Franco finds it hard to refuse. He's had a secret attraction for the diminutive bodyguard since they met at Doriana's wedding five years before.
But attraction is all it is. Combat boot-clad Jo is not the kind of woman Franco usually loves and leaves. Which makes the ruse that Jo is his new live-in girlfriend just that until Jo gets a makeover. Suddenly seduction is on his mind and Franco has all the time in the world to pursue it—and Jo.
Martial artist Jo can take down men twice her size without blinking, but Franco's appeal outmaneuvers her emotional defenses. Jo's tough exterior hides a dark past, and Franco seems determined to learn her every secret. But he has secrets of his own.
The more Franco gets to know Jo, the more he realizes he needs her in his life, and not as his bodyguard. But as the threats to Franco escalate, Jo must use every one of her combat skills to protect him.
Can Jo keep both Franco and her heart safe, or will they pay the ultimate price for love?
Thank you to The Adult Cover (And Everything in Between) for having me today. It’s a pleasure. They’ve asked me to write what I want. Giving a writer carte blanche can be dangerous. But here goes.
I’m a big fan of David Letterman and his Top Ten. I decided to write about my top ten favorite books. I’m a reader, too, and we readers love to talk about books. Right? I suspect most of my favorites will surprise you as they aren’t the usual ones we hear about.
My Top Ten Favorite Books:
10. Colleen McCullough’s series about Ancient Rome, beginning with The First Man in Rome. These are heavy historical books, very thick. I love anything to do with Ancient Rome so I devoured these books. Years ago I read another book by this author, the title of which escapes me. This was pre-Internet. In the back of the book, she said if readers wanted to know her research material they could write her in care of her publisher. I wrote, and one day I got a large packet mailed from the
Seas. It was from McCullough, who lives in the South
Seas. She wrote me a nice letter and sent her research
information. What a thrill to get that from her. I still have the packet.
9. Bride of the MacHugh by Jan Cox Speas. This historical romance was written in the 1950’s. Not many people know of it. It was the first “adult” romance I read, although the sex was behind closed doors. I fell in love with the powerful MacHugh, laird of his clan. He was every bit a romance hero, a warrior who fights for his people. A strong man who falls in love with a delicate English rose of a woman. My best friend and I read it when we were teens. This was in the day when teens really were innocent about sex. She and I spent hours trying to figure out what the MacHugh and Elspeth did behind those closed doors. Some years ago, I found a used paperback of this book, and it’s now sitting in honor on my bookshelf. This book is only available in used paperback and hardback from Amazon at a high price. I found another of Speas’ books available on the Kindle so I bought it. Cox Speas wrote three historical romances between 1954-1961. All were runaway bestsellers.
8. Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss. This was one of the first romances I read where there was explicit set. Wow! I read this book several times.
7. Tony Hillerman’s Navajo series with Navajo policemen Jim Chee and Joe Leaphorn. Hillerman was one of my favorite authors. I was sad to hear of his passing a few years ago. I bought the book his daughter wrote continuing the series, but I haven’t had a chance to read it yet.
6. Sweet, Savage Love by Rosemary Rogers. This was the first book I read that had explicit set. It was mind-blowing, and opened a whole new sub-genre to readers. I read it over and over. I made the mistake of lending it to someone who never returned it. Luckily, I was able to find a used copy.
5. Heather Graham’s Civil War series, One Wore Blue, One Wore Gray, One Rode West. As I said, I love Civil War stories. This series told the stories of two brothers and their sister. One brother fought for the
Union; the other fought
for the South. The sister traveled to the West after the war. I especially
loved the brother who fought for the South.
4. The Daughters of the South Wind series by Aola Vandergriff. I don’t know anyone else who’s read these books. I never hear anything about Vandergriff, who’s a terrific author. I love, love these books. I discovered them at a used bookstore back before ebooks. They are in an honored place on my bookshelf.
3. The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I’m loving the TV series on Starz. I love time-travel romances. Jamie Fraser is a scorching hot hero. My husband even loves the TV shows.
2. A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. I love this book so much. I cried when it was over, then I read the last chapter over and over because I didn’t want it to end. I wasn’t entirely happy with the ending, but it made sense.
And my favorite book of all time:
1. Green Darkness by Anya Seton. I read this book in the 1970’s. I must have read it five times, that’s how much I love it. It has romance, love, danger, suspense, reincarnation. I have the original hardback, but it’s available for the Kindle now. I’ve read many of Seton’s books. She remains one of my favorite authors.
There you have it, my Top Ten Favorite Books. What are yours? I hope someday a reader will list one of my books in her top ten.
More about The Redemption Series
Series: Redemption #1
Author: Cara Marsi
Date Published: Jan 2014
Doriana Callahan's life is unraveling. Someone is stalking her and sabotaging her father's company; her teenage son is rebelling; and Logan Tanner is back in town. For sixteen years she's kept an explosive secret from Logan, a secret he soon discovers.
Logan never belonged in Doriana's world, but a long time ago he allowed himself to dream of a future with her, until the awful night he was forced to run. Now he's back and he needs her forgiveness, but first he must forgive himself.
Despite the fact that Doriana kept the existence of his son from him, Logan vows to protect her. He races against time to stop the culprit threatening Doriana and works to forge a bond with his son.
Can the love and passion that still burn between Doriana and Logan overcome old lies and new dangers? The clock is ticking on a second chance at love.
"Logan's Redemption has all the elements that keep the pages turning: romance, passion, thrills and suspense." Linda at Fallen Angel Reviews.
"LOGAN'S REDEMPTION by Cara Marsi is a great read, plain and simple. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and I definitely give it a Top Pick!" Julie at Romance Reader at Heart Reviews.
"Logan's Redemption should definitely be added to your must-read list." My Romance Story Reviews.
"Logan ’s Redemption is riveting." Lisa at My Romance Junkies Reviews.
Title: Luke’s Temptation
Series: Redemption #3
Author: Cara Marsi
Coming: Sep 30, 2014
Anita Santisi is an independent, successful businesswoman with a wounded heart. And some very bad people after her. Break-ins, home invasions, and attempted abductions have turned her comfortable life dangerous. Can she trust her mysterious, sexy new neighbor, Luke Corrado, or is he behind the criminal acts?
Special Agent Luke Corrado carries his guilt like a loaded Glock. A woman he loved was murdered because of him. Now, on a new undercover assignment to protect Anita Santisi, he’s determined to redeem himself. What he doesn’t expect is that Anita will tempt him to let down the barriers around his heart.
As Anita and Luke find themselves in ever-increasing danger, they must fight to stay alive. Will they open their hearts to each other before it’s too late?
Cara Marsi, an award-winning author and self-proclaimed TV junkie, is a former corporate drone and cubicle dweller. Freed from her fabric-covered cage, she can now indulge her love of all things romance. She craves books with happy endings and loves to write about independent heroines and the strong heroes who love them. And she loves to put her characters in dangerous situations or situations merely dangerous to their hearts and watch them fight for the happy endings they deserve.
An eclectic author, Cara is published in romantic suspense, paranormal romance, and contemporary romance. She's also published numerous short romance stories in national women's magazines and online. When not traveling or dreaming of traveling, Cara and her husband live on the East Coast in a house ruled by their fat black diva of a cat named Killer.
Tour Schedule - One Week Blog Tour for Franco’s Fortune by Cara Marsi from Oct 13 to Oct 21, 2014.
Bound 2 Escape - Promo
Uniquec’s Book Blog - Promo & Review
Patricia D. Eddy - Promo
BabyCakes Book Blog - Promo
A Cauldron of Books - Promo & Top Ten
Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom - Promo & Top Ten
Cherry0blossoms - Promo
Read That - Promo
Indy Book Fairy - Promo & Character Bio's
Jen's Reading Obsession - Promo, Review & Character Bio's
Angels with Attitude Book Reviews- Promo & Author Interview
Clarissa Wild's Blog - Promo & Character Bio's
Rustys Reading - Promo
The Avid Reader - Promo, Character Bio's & Top Ten
Girlygirlbookreviews - Promo & Review
The Idle Musings of a Writer's Mind - Promo, & Author Interview
Portals to New Worlds - Promo, Top Ten & Character Bio's
Kelly P's Blog - Promo
Night Owl Reviews - Promo
Eclipse Reviews - Promo, Character Interview & Character Bio’s
The Adult Cover (And Everything in Between) - Promo, Author Interview, Character Interview & Character Bio's